Tomato Cage Christmas Trees

Well girls, I don't have Victoria's sense of style or Jannet's craftsiness, but I can put together a bargain and this is a pretty good example. Most of us have tomato cages that we use in the summer for gardens. If we don't have them already, they're cheap to get when summer comes around! I spent a little more for mine because they were cute and red and sturdier than what you usually see, but the regular kinds work fine, too.

When it's time to decorate your yard for Christmas, turn them upside down, use a rubber band to secure the ends together to make a cone shape, and wrap them in lights. I used the net lights (blue bubble LED lights, to be specific, but any kind will work) and it was super easy. You can just intertwine them to hold them on, or you could use some tape or zip ties. I didn't need any. I set them on top of the big pots on my front porch.

I have seen these done with several kinds of lights on each tree and that's also really cute.

Almost-free tree shapes for your front yard ... my first el cheapo decor item for you. Enjoy.

Ana Montana

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...