{Book Review} Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Took me a long time to finally pick up this book, somehow the whole Dystopian society bugs me as a whole, but I finally did and now I wish I had sooner.


Synopsis:
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.
____________________________________

My Thoughts

Like I said, took me awhile to talk myself into it, but once I picked it up and started reading I could not put it down! I really liked this book. Now there were things I did not like, Tris befuddled me sometimes, her character was hard to love or understand, but after the author filled in some missing parts I got her-I still think she needs to work on her more for a new book, which I am hoping a 2nd book is coming out? I could say more but I would give it all away, just letting you know it's worth a read, and it stayed somewhat clean throughout it.

4 Stars
YA-Adult (15+)
Violence



~V

1 comment:

  1. Oh V! I finally started this book. I've been reading it while I'm waiting for kids to get out of seminary for a few days, but I got to a point in it today where I couldn't put it down. So, I came home, haven't even turned on the t.v. or checked my emails, I just sat and read the last few hours. I LOVED it! My dd told me she liked it better than Hunger Games(which we have been glued to), and I agree. You just couldn't put this book down no matter what. I had to see what was next around the corner. If this is turned into a movie it will be an edge-of-the-seater for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...