Thrifty lamp



Gorgeous mid-century modern lamp base found at Goodwill for $6. This is the kind of thing you would find at Target for $19 or so, but it would be a Chinese-made aluminum or plastic reproduction. This one is stainless steel, very sturdy and high quality, probably from the 1960s. I guess that date because the cord is the old-fashioned kind; the plug has two prongs that are the same size instead of one bigger than the other.

The glass bulb cost me $7 at Ace Hardware, so overall I spent $13 for this new beauty by my bedside. I love its sophisticated shape and its diffuse, calming light - so perfect for winding down at bedtime!

Ana Montana

1 comment:

  1. Love this light! It's style is my style and fits your house age too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...