Musical Eggs

I recently came across a fantastic blog called Tater Tots and Jello with some fantastic crafty ideas. When I saw these musical eggs (by Us in Otto), I knew I had to make some to go on my "bird nest" display I have going on my piano!

I "was" going to photocopy come music and then distress it, but when I was going through my music looking for just the right one, I came across this worn out book with no cover, no indication as to the composer, and everything is in German anyway. Plus it looks really really hard, which means I would probably never play it again anyway. The fact that it was already old looking, also a plus. I decided to go for it.

I tore it out... ripped it into strips about 1/2" to 1" wide...


Distressed them a bit more with my Distress Ink pad...
Then decoupaged them onto plastic easter eggs.
Add some jute...
And then placed them all in a cute nest I found at my local craft store for $5.
It took me longer to find the birds nest at the craft store than it did to put these together! So easy, and SO cute!

Happy Crafting!

~kris

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...