Picture Wall




Sorry it has taken me so long to actually post this, but I was waiting for all the pictures to come in from my daughters wedding. I gave a sneak peek last month and now this is the whole wall set up ready for pictures!

Click on picture for larger view



This is how you use the wall:

Bride and Groom saying "Thank You!"


Some of my boys looking all dapper



Friends enjoying the photo-op


----------------
How it's made?

My daughter wanted a photobooth since everyone seems to be renting them for weddings now around here. We looked at the prices and decided that was not going to work for us. I set out to come up with a better idea and thus the wall was born! I had the old frames already, the boards, the paint and all I needed was the wallpaper.

My wonderful husband cut out the holes from the frames after I had decided where I wanted them on the wall, then I wallpapered it. Umm....do not look hard because I did a bad job of it, and decided wallpapering is not for me. I butted up the edges and worked really hard to smooth it all out, but I left afterwards and came back to it dried and shrunk! Who would of thought it would shrink? Again, not an expert but it's livable.

We made the bottom half look like wainscoating using mdf boards, then painted it white. (the two halves-top and bottom- are seperate halves, btw -for easy transporting)

I found more frames at local thrift stores and painted them all the glossy black like my bigger frames. My sister in law has a vinyl machine and made me some vinyl silhouette's I picked out, and I framed them. All the frames I velcro-ed on so I can still use them on my walls at home.

My husband made support legs for it (not shown) and walla we have a stand alone wall! I added a 1958 couch I love, pillows and a table from the 1960's I spray painted black and roughed up the edges. I made the lamp with recycled parts from thrift stores, spray painted it, and added some lace, decorative buttons and hot glue- which my kids made fun of calling it cyclops. :)

We put stepping stools behind it for people to step up and peek through the openings, and I made fake mustaches out of thick black foam I found at a craft store, dowels I painted black and hot glued the mustache on. I also made the bubble thought signs too. I cut them out from thick poster board I found at an office supply store, painted them with chalk board paint (3 coats) and provided chalk for everyone to write something. We also provided hats, wigs, and other fun items people had fun using.

It turned out great, everyone enjoyed it and we have a ton of fun pictures! I plan on renting it out with my other wedding business stuff too, so double yay!





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! What a fun and creative idea!

    And if you ever want to sell that couch ... PLEASE CALL ME FIRST!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so cool! I've NEVER seen anything like this before - it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...