Monster Cake



My son wanted a monster cake for his birthday, I am not a cake decorator at all, but I gave this one a try. Turned out pretty cute, at least he was happy about it-that is what matters right? :)

I just made two cake rounds, put some frosting in-between them, then frosted them all around.
Than I started adding the blue monster hair. I just used blue icing, and used a star shaped tip. Started from the bottom and worked my way up top on the sides first. I realized it didn't need to be perfect at all, I could fill in the gaps later, and it actually looked better when I came at it from different strokes anyway. After I did all the sides, I worked my way on top.
See what I mean, sloppy equals good here. ;) he has fur now.

For his eyes I made cake pops, probably the wrong way, but it was my first time, I just put the cake batter in the cake pop tin. Oh well, it worked for me. I just used thick candles for the sticks..heehee! I frosted them with red, and found these cute edible eyeballs at Target in the cake area so he has lots of eyeballs! 

I then gave him a smilie face.

Sorry, took pics on my phone and some are blurry.

Not perfect but my son loved it.

Have fun creating!!
Cake
~V





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...