Shabby Chic Coffee Table

~Before~
        
                                                                                                              
~After~






                     I started this project for my daughter and her husband for their combined birthday's. :)




Found the table at a Thrift store:
Took off the drawer handles, and took it outside to spray paint:



It was the only good weather day (been raining and cold ever since), but I did not like the color, so I brought it inside and hand painted it:



That color was more like it! :) (it matched a side table my daughter already had). Once it was completely dried, I got my supplies ready for faux staining:



Home depot doesn't sell Ralph Lauren anymore so I had to buy the Bear Faux Glaze, and a sample of the color I wanted (black) to mix together for this process. First you apply it with a brush:


Yes, it looks messy and it is, but it's actually a fun process. Make sure you get it in all the nooks and cranny's, including the dents.scratches, grooves, etc.
Only do a small area at a time so it doesn't dry before you wipe. Now take a dry cloth and wipe off the excess:




Don't be afraid to keep wiping until you have the desired look-and don't be afraid to add more glaze either:



I added new knobs to the drawer:



I finished and let dry. Then I started my last process. Since this table was going to be well used I wanted to protect it with Polyurethane with another foam brush:



Gave it a nice glossy finish:





~V




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...