Wrapping Gifts a Different Way


Why not make the wrapping a box that can be used later on? Add some fun homemade PomPom's! (instructions below)

I love these boxes you can buy at Michael's Crafts:


I have some I use for my pictures, and other things I need organized, they look pretty around the house too!

My niece is having a girl, so I bought her some cute outfits:



Put them in the box:


You could then put some ribbon around it which I have done, but this time I decided to use my homemade pompom's made out of yarn.:



All you need is yarn and scissors:

Wrap the yarn around your fingers (how big you want the pompom is determined how many fingers you use, the less the smaller, etc. Also, if you want a thick pompom wrap a lot of yarn around your fingers (the more the better):


Once your done, carefully slide it off your fingers:


Now cut a piece of yarn and put it under the whole bundle:


Now bring it above the whole bundle and tie the two end pieces together in the middle of the bundle, making sure you double knot it:



Now take your scissors and cut all the loops in the middle. (sorry taking a pic of this was hard by myself, so this is the best I have. )



After all loops are cut, you will have a fun pompom, some of the yarn lengths may be longer than others (thus why I mentioned to make sure you have tied it in the middle of the bundle) if so, just cut them with scissor until you like how it looks, you can have a nice round tight pom or a loose one like I did for this project. The tighter you want it the thicker your yarn bundle must be.

I just wrapped some yarn around the box then added my pompoms:





Have fun!!!


~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...