{Tip of the Day} Ceiling Fan Seasonal Directions...


Because I have a broken heater right now and was freezing to death I thought I'd post my new understanding to ceiling fans.  I've never understood which way and gotten very confused.  I found a site that put it in plain English this morning and here is what I found.  Most ceiling fans have a little switch somewhere above the blades on the motor where you can reverse the directions.  It's little and usually not labelled, it would be nice if they did this though.  The 3 fans I have upstairs have switches that go left to right, and the 2 downstairs switch top to bottom, they're all different.  In the cool months, if you change the direction of your fan to clockwise(if you're staring up at it), it will push the warm air above the fan down the sides of the walls, warming the room with very little draft.  In fact it got very warm on the sides of the room quickly.  If it's going counter-clockwise when you're looking up, it will push the air down through the center of the room, causing a draft and pushing the warm air up the sides of the walls, thus cooling the room.  So, there you have it.  And it's working wonderfully with my tiny space heaters in my vaulted ceiling living room.  In fact, I'm sweating now.  :)  Wish I figured this out 2 days ago!

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...