What are you thrifting for?

Very often when I go thrift store shopping I have specific pieces I am looking for. Like right now, I specifically need a small bookshelf and a nice wood side chair for my bedroom, preferably with an upholstered seat. I also have my eye on a few not-so-needed pieces in my favorite thrifty haunt - a chair that will match the blue one in my living room, once I have them both reupholstered, and a 1940s vanity with a beautiful big beveled mirror. These things will have to wait for payday. I hope they are still there when I go back.


However, I can always squeeze one of these sweeties into my budget - midcentury serving pieces in either stainless or aluminum with wood handles or trim. I love them. The tiered dish was a bit pricey for a thrift item - I think $5.99 or so. It was made by Mirro. I remember dishes or something with these handles from my 1970s childhood - wonder where I saw them? They're fabulous in my book. The little tray, on the other hand, I got for 99 cents. Yes. It still needs a bit of spit and polish but I think it's a great companion. Someday maybe I will have enough of these to make a whole mid-century buffet.

The mahogany shelf with the little drawer where these guys are sitting, by the way, was an estate sale find - 30 bucks. Perfect in my living room.

Ana Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...