{Book Review} Matched


Matched by Ally Condie



Synopsis:

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
_______________________________

This story is based on an dystopian world. What is that you might ask? It's like a Utopian world where it is structured, and made to be a "perfect" world, but in reality it's a nightmare world-A Dystopian World.

Some have said Ally (the author) has basically took the world written in "The Giver" and made it her own. I have not read that book so I cannot say this is so? I do know a lot of authors take from other books which is fine, just means it's not original. So let's say her idea is not original, but I have to defend a little, and say I think she did a great job with this book. I am looking forward to book 2 this November, and there will be a book 3 sometime next year. Also heard that Disney is looking at making it a movie?

I liked it for many reasons, I liked the characters, I liked the story and how she brought it out. I was confused on a few things-particularly the "sorting" -still do not get that, but non-the-less I enjoyed the book. Plus it was clean through and through. Original? No, and the semi love triangle is getting bothersome to me, but this one turned out better than most, she used Honesty-hmmmm...who'd a thunk that would work?

4 stars
13 yrs-Adult
Mild talked about violence



~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...