Re-energize your "Stuff"

Layer things together, add some fabric ribbon and enjoy!




I love using fabric as ribbon and adding it to just about everything! I like to take ordinary things around my house and re-energize them for a different style or look. Right now I am into the Vintage & Shabby Chic look so here are a few things I have done lately.



Take old frames and spray paint them, then add some craft paint. Do the Karate Kid thing and "Rub/Wax on, Rub/Wax off" to give that antiquee' look!



First coat going on, even looks good that way. (plate is a fun project I will show later)

 Use craft paint to give it that look, or leave it alone.




Or take some tea cups and saucers and glue them together and make them fabulous and versitile!


Use rubbing alcohol to clean the areas your going to glue first. Use E-6000 glue it's wonderful! Open a window for ventilation. (the other teacups I am doing another project which I will share shortly)


Add some ribbon and pearls for fun!






Or take an old pillow and give it new life with some fabric flowers & tulle!



Hot Glue them on or put pin backs on the flowers to take off and do something new later.






Or take your books & instead of just putting them on the shelf add some fabric & or tulle, show people you have style!


Do not be afraid to add different colors together.




I have more to come, but grab a few items and re-energize them and have fun!



~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...