Coffee Filter Fun!



I am making these for my daughter's wedding, so I thought I would post a short tutorial of how I am doing it.

You start out with-

  • Styrofoam Ball- cheaper at dollar stores
  • Coffee Filters-cheap at dollar stores
  • Glue Gun & Glue
  • Ribbon & Pins

Size of the ball does not matter, these coffee filter balls get big, so I used a medium size ball for this one.






You fold the coffee filter in half


Then fold it in half again


One more time :)

So now they are in 1/4ths (try not to smooth out the top, you want it to keep it's wavy shape) You will want to cut the end off


It will not matter how much at first BUT you will want to cut each one roughly the same otherwise you will have a lot to cut off in the end.

Now it's time to glue them onto the ball, I found that it's best to put a little glue in-between the folds at the bottom too and then just put some glue on the end and hold it to the ball for a few seconds. Just keep adding more up against each other so there are no gaps


Work your way around the ball- This is the time your thinking "What the ba-gee-bers was I thinking making this ball?"



It takes time to get this done, but so worth it! After you think your done, find more bare spots and add a few more filters till you have the desired look. From this point your going to see why I mention above how important it is you cut them the same, otherwise you have highs and lows and now you will have to use scissors and trim the edges to have an even edge all the way around.



Now take some ribbon and your pins, put some hot glue on the ends and shove them into the top of your ball.
Walla your done! Now you can go hang it somewhere fun!

Oh, and I am making wreaths right now out of them, same concept only with a styrofoam wreath. Posting it later. :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...