Giving Thanks

I tend to ignore the decorating side of Thanksgiving like so many, even last year when I decorated my Mother in Laws tables for Thanksgiving I did it in a beautiful Silver Christmas Style. This year I decided Thanksgiving should not be ignored and set out to make some fun, but cheap fun!

I took the little pumpkins we grew in our garden and spray painted them an off white color, along with two fake bigger pumpkins I have had for years that were in sad shape.

I added some burlap and button flowers I made to the top of the large ones-really to hide the holes in them. Hee!

I made a fun burlap, felt and lace garland, and a burlap bunting for their fireplace. I cheated on the "Give Thanks" lettering by making them on my computer, printing them off and just cutting them out and glueing them on the flags. One day I will have my coveted Silhouette machine :)


For the tables I just used some tulle and ribbon in the middle and put the pumpkins on it, I also added some old Thanksgiving postcards I found online and just printed off on my printer with some twine to the tulle and pumpkins. Then I used a few of my glasses as lamps, just put a flicker battery light in them and made some shades out of scrapbook paper.

For the kids table I just used some extra burlap, some different pumpkins and postcard. I also printed off some coloring pages for them, a tic tac toe cards and put some crayons in cups for them to enjoy!


I also found some more fun stuff on the internet to print off and framed them and put them around the serving tables and such

Decorating is about having fun, so go out and have some fun!


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...