Tissue Paper Fun


This was a fun project, but it did take time like my others (can't seem to get past that hmmm...) There are several ways to do this, but I chose the rosette looking flower instead of the fluffy one (I will try that one next)Of course I had to glam it up with feathers and bling for fun, but you could do it anyway you want, or leave it plain.

Great thing is it is cheap!

Supplies you will need:

Styrofoam Cone (dollar stores)
Tissue paper
Glue (I preferred the hot glue, faster)

_________________________

First cut some strips up of the tissue paper (I made them roughly 1 1/2 inches)

If you are using tissue paper like I did for mine where the pattern is on one side, you will have to fold it in half a little as you twist:


Now you will twist and roll them up like I showed you in my fabric flower post:


Put a dab of glue on the end, then put glue on the back side and press onto the bottom of the cone:


Try to scrunch them up together as you go (less holes to fill)
Continue up & all the way around the cone:


Finish with one rosette on top, and fill in the gaps with smaller twists of paper:


Now you can decorate it how you want, or leave it plain. Put on a candle stick holder or use whatever looks like a fun base. Enjoy!

Have fun!


~V

1 comment:

  1. That's paper??? I thought it was fabric when I first looked at it! Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...