{Book Review} The Body Finder Series

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derling



Synopsis:

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find the dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.
_____________________________

The first book I loved a lot! I am into mysteries and this one really had me throughout the book. Plus the intrique of a girl who has this unique power was really cool to me. You could of read just the first book and be satisfied-she ended it well.

Yet, I was hoping she would write some more on this girl, and she did with "Desires of the Dead", so I picked it up ready for a more intriguing adventure. The story was well thought out but for me not as good as the first. I really didn't enjoy the relationship going between Violet and Jay & where she took it, but that is a personal opinion. I like my books clean for the most part & I get frustrated with writers taking their characters where they didn't need to go. She ended this book in a way that wanted you to want her to keep writing this story out though. I cannot explain what I mean here -otherwise I will ruin the story for you, but I like the twist she gave it. If she had kept it cleaner I would of adored this book too, but again, it's only my opinion.


4 stars
YA(age 16 up)-Adult
Violence & Mature themes in first book.
Violence, swearing & risqueness with eventual risk in 2nd book.



~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...