{Book Review} Cloaked


Cloaked by Alex Flinn



Synopsis:
I'm not your average hero. I actually wasn't your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.

It all started with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.

There wasn't a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I've ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Everglades.

Don't believe me? I didn't believe it either. But you'll see. Because I knew it all was true, the second I got cloaked.
____________________________________

The author of this book also wrote Beastly which was made into a movie this year. I have not read that book nor watched the movie, but I hear the book is better than the movie (hmmm...haven't I heard that before?) but this book intrigued me so I picked it up, and I think I may pick up Beastly now because I really like how this author writes.

Alex takes fairytale stories from other books and makes them for today. This book had quite a few fairytales all mixed in one. She kept it fun and entertaining, and best of all clean. I really did enjoy it.

4 stars
12 yrs-Adult
Some violence but mild



~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...