{Book Review} Dark Divine Series

Dark Divine Series by Bree Despain



This was one series I was reluctant to pick up (I think the covers-although in their own way beautiful-made me hesitate in wondering if these books were going to be a little too risque for my taste?) thus why I didn't until recently. There seems to be another book coming out too by the way the last one ended. I was told it was a good series, so I finally decided to pick it up and I was actually surprised.....


Synopsis:

A Prodigal Son

A Dangerous Love

A Deadly Secret


Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.
______________________________
Left you with a bit of a cliff hanger there....what I was actually thinking was- I was pleasantly surprised, I ended up liking the books. Although I have to mention it took me way into 1/2 of the first book to even know where she was going with it, which bugs me BUT the author knew how to keep me hooked to want to know more. Mostly because I loved the characters (except for all the secrets they keep) and I liked the way Bree writes, it all flows well together and ends up being a well thought out book. I cannot tell you too much about it without giving it away, but suffice it to say it was another super-natural fantasy romance novel, but well worth your time to read it. As far as content, I would say it was not "risque" in a romance novel kind of way, more like Twilight kind of way which will garner a PG 13 rating for me added with the violence, and a few swear words but I really mean a small few- here and there.
3.75 stars
YA (13 and older) & Adult
Violence (sporadic and pg 13)
Some occasional language
Risque content but no real risk ;p
~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...