{Book Review} Fablehaven Series

 Fablehaven by Brandon Mull




Synopsis:
For centuries mystical creatures of all description were gathered into a hidden refuge called Fablehaven to prevent their extinction. The sanctuary survives today as one of the last strongholds of true magic. Enchanting? Absolutely. Exciting? You bet. Safe? Well, actually, quite the opposite.

Kendra and her brother, Seth, have no idea that their grandfather is the current caretaker of Fablehaven. Inside the gated woods, ancient laws keep relative order among greedy trolls, mischievous satyrs, plotting witches, spiteful imps, and jealous fairies. However, when the rules get broken -- Seth is a bit too curious and reckless for his own good -- powerful forces of evil are unleashed, and Kendra and her brother face the greatest challenge of their lives. To save their family, Fablehaven, and perhaps even the world, Kendra and Seth must find the courage to do what they fear most.

__________________

I have been done with this series since last year, and probably should of done a review sooner, but think of it as saving you all from having to wait for all the books to come out! :) You can now pick up all the books in paperback at your local Wally or I saw them for even cheaper at Costco for 4.99 each! So worth it!

I actually got into this series late, which is a good thing because I hate waiting for books. I was also hesitant for some reason, but really it is one of my beloved series now! I love the way Brandon wrote these books, he did a great job with all of the characters and I miss them already. I rarely read a book twice-just like I rarely watch a movie twice (I have issues) but this is one series I could read all over again!

This series has so much intrique, adventure, hope, fantasy, humor and just plain fun. You will be rooting for the hero's, laugh, and get excited for the next book each time. You can even read these to your kids! Very clean, there is some violence but I would have no reservation reading them to an 8 year old on up.

Go pick them up today! Library's have them too.

5 stars
Children, Young Adult, Adults
Violence, intense scenes.


~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...